Street-Gang
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mohammad Rafiq

2 posters

Go down

Mohammad Rafiq Empty Mohammad Rafiq

Post by fRaUROOO Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:24 am

Mohammad Rafiq 6897210

An accurate, rhythmical slow left-armer, Rafique played in Bangladesh's inaugural Test in November 2000, and was far from outclassed, producing his side's most economical figures. His career hit the rocks shortly afterwards, when his bowling action was reported as suspect, but he bounced back in May 2003, with 6 for 77 against South Africa at Dhaka. It was the best bowling performance by a Bangladeshi in 19 Tests at the time - and only their third five-wicket haul - and it spurred Rafique on to greater things. Later in 2003 he was the leading wicket-taker in the series against England. He can bat a bit too, usually employing the long handle. His 77 at Hyderabad in May 1998 was instrumental in Bangladesh's victory over Kenya - surprisingly, their first in seven attempts - while in May 2004 he carved an astonishing 111 from No. 9 to help secure a precious first-innings lead against West Indies in St Lucia. His 5 for 65 helped Bangladesh win their first Test, against Zimbabwe at Chittagong early in 2005, and he also played a vital role in turning around the one-day series that followed. He was named Bangladesh's Cricketer of the Year for 2004-05, and survived a public training-ground argument with coach Dav Whatmore to play a role in the national side past his 36th birthday. Nine wickets as Bangladesh almost upset Australia at Fatullah in April 2006 edged him towards a notable double of 1000 runs and 100 wickets in Tests. Against Zimbabwe in November, Rafique became the first Bangladesh player to complete that double in one-day internationals.
fRaUROOO
fRaUROOO
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Male
Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-07-20

Back to top Go down

Mohammad Rafiq Empty Re: Mohammad Rafiq

Post by fRaUROOO Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 am

Brother sottto holeo ekta sotti kotha je amader ei RAFIQ ei S.A. bipokkhe serise er por ei retire nitese. Khub ei kharap lagteseje amadder cricket emon ekjon k haraite jaitese.

https://servimg.com/image_links.php?i=68
fRaUROOO
fRaUROOO
V.I.P Member
V.I.P Member

Male
Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2007-07-20

Back to top Go down

Mohammad Rafiq Empty Re: Mohammad Rafiq

Post by s@qu!b Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:22 am

fRaUROOO wrote:Brother sottto holeo ekta sotti kotha je amader ei RAFIQ ei S.A. bipokkhe serise er por ei retire nitese. Khub ei kharap lagteseje amadder cricket emon ekjon k haraite jaitese.

really sad news for us...hope we will get more rafique  in nxt...i know this cant be possible...he is just a legend.....God bless him
s@qu!b
s@qu!b
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 1371
Mig33 Username : street.gang_s60
Yahoo Id : sqb_sshi_bd
Registration date : 2007-08-27

Character sheet
Character sheet: 100

http://street-gang.org